Beach, May 2014

Beach, May 2014

Sunday, April 26, 2009

one week old

I love this one, even if my feet are in it, she's just so darn cute!!
Ok, I think this is the funniest picture ever!!


little miss smiley, yes she's really smiling, and she's been doing it since day 3



looking at her plant







brother and sister






4 days old


checking out her brother


yawning, or trying to nurse on him

Aiden loves to give her kisses
So week has gone by and my mom has headed home after spending the last week here with us. It was so nice to have her here to help Aiden with the transition and to feed us wonderful meals every night. I know she enjoyed spending Natalie's first week with her too. Well we sure got lucky with this little girl. She is a very easy keeper, super mellow and only does a little cry when she's hungry, but mostly we are able to catch her cues before we get to that point. She's sleeping with us so that helps with night feedings, but she's sleeping through the night with us, waking up to nurse 2 or 3 times but she always goes right back to sleep. She only had her days and nights mixed up for the first two nights we were home. She has 3 longer awake periods right now and she spends them smiling at us and looking at the plants and lights. She is such a smiler, when she wakes up and you are there she gives you a giant gummy grin, and it's not gas or anything else, she looks right into your eyes and smiles at you. If you smile back she keeps smiling. She is such a joy. Aiden still loves her and tells her all day long that she's kinda cute, and he gives her lots of kisses. She left the hospital with a bit of jaundice but she's got it out of her system now and as of Friday she was only 3 oz off her birth weight, not surprising considering she nurse all the time. Tomorrow will be the first day off me home alone with the kids, Loren back to work and myself back to work so we'll see how things go. I think that this will be a hard week for Aiden and I to re-establish our routine and our roles. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

  1. SOOO cute! She looks a lot like Aiden when he was a babe! That is awesome that she is such a sweet baby... maybe I was wrong... maybe it's just my little girl that is full of P&V! Ha... Well, I hope this week is good for you guys, it does get easier in a different way! Can't wait to see you guys next month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my I love these pictures! I especially adore the ones where she is looking at the plant. She is so striking! I can't wait to hold her. Good luck with going solo.

    ReplyDelete